For employees in a manager role for the first time or having been a
Manager for a period of time, this training programme is designed to
support with some of the fundamental skills required for good
management. This programme is designed to last 8 months and support
managers over a long period to bring about long lasting change.
The programme will consist of five half day modules and work in between the
modules to help them develop and grow.
What’s the Purpose of the Training
- To introduce and explain the importance and relevance of the role of a Manager within the organisational and stakeholder system.
- To introduce the different facets of a management role and the transition from technical expert into a management role.
- To identify the opportunities for developing a personal management style through collaboration, reflection, feedback and implementation of learning.
- To identify and differentiate personal starting points for communication and the concept of Power, Influence and Authority and how an inappropriate approach can impact personal, team and business growth.
- To clarify the responsibility and accountability of each learner in developing a growth mindset v a fixed mindset in their roles as managers and leaders.
- To introduce different management tools and models for integration into the workplace.
- To create a pro-active and fun learning environment for each student.
- To identify and incorporate the organisational values within the student’s management style.
Five Modules to New manager success
- Mindset and Personal effectiveness – including Change and our business, What makes a successful and effective manager, The transition to manager and an introduction to stress management.
- Planning for Success – Understanding and aligning stakeholder goals, what does success look/feel/sound like and developing and individual strategy plan.
- Effective Communication skills – Communication topics and techniques, What are you communicating, the inner map of reality and how not communicating is not an option.
- Embedding within the culture – Johnson and Scholes “the cultural web”, barriers to new learning, the Managers responsibility and internal marketing.
- Briefs, meetings and one-to-ones – Integrating and being prepared to learn, there is no such thing as failure only feedback and giving one to one feedback.
Modules last for half a day and will be run every 2 months, with embedding the learning activities taking
place in between,
Delegates will be drawn from a number of different companies within the Kent and East Sussex area,
giving delegates the opportunity to meet other new managers from other businesses and discuss the issues that they face.
5 half day modules
£875 Exl VAT
- Managers must attend all five modules to complete the programmes
- Venues will be booked and arranged within West Kent and East Sussex, they may vary from module to module
- Module may not be paid for separately.
- The work with be invoiced half on acceptance and the final half after module 2
- Companies may put as many people on the course as they like
- The course needs a minimum of seven delegates to run
Janet draws on her background as a single site and multi-site
Operations manager. Janet’s senior role in HR heading up the Learning
and Development department for a High Street Retailer which gave her
a different perspective and together with her coaching skills allows her
to approach situations through different lenses.
- Advanced Certificate in Executive Coaching - University of West of England,
- ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring, Generative Coaching Practitioner and Team Leader - International Association for Generative Change,
- NLP Trainer and Consultancy - NLP University Santa Cruz
- NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner - NLP School,
- Professional Diploma in Management - Open University,
- Diploma in Performance Coaching - Newcastle College,
If you want to sent an employee on this great course then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01892 860 602.